Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Week 91 Talents


My transfer has begun, I'm with my old friend Elder Thomas. We were companions way back in the MTC. We believe we will be able to kill each other off in this ward, the Birch Hills ward. When Elder Sparto left we gave the Tricity ward to the Placentia sisters, they are going to cover both wards do to a shortage of missionaries currently. My first week in Birch Hills has gone well. The ward is great and anxious to do missionary work, even though on the smaller side. They have a couple nights a week we're we are able to go out on visits with a member of the ward. Right now we are working on getting to know the ward and finding some great potential to teach. 

So we have been blessed to be here on this earth, to help carry out the great Plan of Salvation. One thing that we receive is many gifts and talents while we are here. These gifts that we have could be leadership, musical, athletic and etc. There are many talents that we can be blessed with, it is up to us to develop and further these. All too often people look at others talents and fail to recognize the ones that they may be blessed with. So first you must realize what gifts and talents you already may have. Sometimes this might take some help from others. Once they are realized time must be put into them, to help them grow. Nothing will help them improve, effort must be put into them. Another part is having faith in your Father in Heaven to assist you and yourself. As you develop and improve your skills and abilities it is up to you to share that with others. 

We have been blessed with weaknesses, so they may become our strengths. 

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me

Ether 12:27 
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Love Elder Caleb S. Bailey 





No comments:

Post a Comment